Rent OKC Metro is locally owned and operated, providing single family homes and small multi-family properties ranging from garage apartments to duplexes. Availability varies, watch the home page for vacancies.
We get a lot of questions along the lines of “what are your requirements” to rent a house.
This is a brief summary of our process:
- We use a free on-line application. Once the application is complete, it’s a pretty basic approach – we’re verifying the information you have given us on the application and we’re looking at both your tenant and your work history. Some bumps on the credit report will not automatically disqualify you from one of our houses, we’ve all had bumps in our lives.
- Until the Covid-19 infection rates in Oklahoma decrease, the following changes to our normal process will be in effect:
- Only vacant homes will be available. We will create video tours of each house and property for prospective tenants to view.
- Based on the video, interested tenants can make initial application for prescreening at no charge. Only prescreened applicants will be considered for in-person showings. To verify income, we will require pay stubs from prospective tenants as part of the prescreening process.
- All tenants involved in the decision making process must be present for in-person tours.
- These changes are necessary because we will be deep-cleaning the home after every in-person tour to minimize the chances that an infected individual can pass Covid-19 virus to another prospective tenant at a later date
- If you are approved as a tenant for a vacant home, we will request a background check for every adult on the lease, this is $35 and is paid directly to the screening company.
- If the ad says “no dogs,” it is a no-dog house, regardless of the size or temperament of the animal. We allow dogs in the vast majority of our properties, where it is prohibited, it will remain no dogs.
- Because we hope to have a long term relationship, it is important to us to meet all tenant candidates, we must meet you in person and show you the house before final approval.
- You can email me at any time through the contact tab to see what else might be in the pipeline. To protect the privacy of our tenants, we do not show properties until the prior tenant has moved or has given consent, therefore, I may know of something coming up that is not on the web site for public information.
Publicly Available Assistance Resources
- If you need to apply to Unemployment through the State of Oklahoma, go here for additional information and start the application process.
- Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Oklahoma can help with short-term rent assistance: (405) 523-3000 or on the web https://catholiccharitiesok.org.
- 2-1-1 is a general resource for information and referrals to a variety of needs including rent assistance and food pantries: text 211OK to 898211 or on the web https://www.211oklahoma.org.